Feb 15, 2012

L4. Sadly, everything comes to an end.

For my choice blog this week, I decided to talk about basketball, seeing how the seasons coming to an end quickly. Today would be my last official game for basketball this year. We will be playing Christian Central Academy. Even though the game won’t count against us, we are all looking forward to it because we are all more than ready to play our hearts out. Although today is our last game, we do have sectionals coming up next week and it just makes me realize that basketball really is coming to an end. The season has truly gone by so fast; I don’t know where the time has gone. Although it’s coming to an end, I definitely feel like a much better player than I did when I started back in 10th grade. I have learned so much from my coach and from each girl individually. I have learned a lot of different aspects that I will continue to hold for as long as I can. I feel like I have grown not just as an individual but as a team this year. We all have become pretty close and we all have had such good memories from practices, games, and team bonding days. Knowing this seasons going to be done with soon makes me kind of happy but also kind of upset. I’m happy because I will finally have more available free time to hang out with family or friends since I have been busy constantly with basketball. Even though I gain more time in my day, I am definitely going to be missing this sport. The things we did together as a team in practices and games did consume my time but I also had a lot of fun doing it. The fact I had fun helped make the time fly by, sadly too fast. Knowing this is my senior year and I will be graduating come June, it’s sad knowing that I won’t be able to play with this group of girls again. It’s tough knowing that your team will all be parting since everybody is in different grade levels. Today’s the last game before sectionals and it’s truly hard to believe. I am glad that we have sectionals because that means more practices together and games. Hopefully the team will make it a decent way through sectionals but even if we don’t I know that our team was strong and we have definitely come a long way. I’m also quite excited for our banquet this year because the teams always seem to have a blast, especially when we all come together with our coaches and our families. Together we have all grown in our own ways and I know this team has changed us all in some type of way. I may be a senior and I may be graduating this year, but one thing is for sure, come next year I definitely will be finding time to come cheer on my girls and the new girls that join the team next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment