Sep 20, 2011

Best moment of my life!

The greatest moment in my life I would probably have to say was in sophomore year. I was diagnosed with Bell's palsy and the doctors told me that I would have it for the most of a month. Turned out, I had it for an entire year. I remember I wanted to play basketball so bad but I didn't think I would be able to. The pains I got where horrific. I've never ever felt anything quite as painful before. I consistently had to go to check up's, constantly had to go to the nurse to get medicine, and I constantly got light headed and dizzy. It wasn't fun having Bell's palsy because I had to deal with people's comments that they said about it. Due to a doctor's appointment I missed basketball try outs but Coach Wieand luckily let me join the team anyways. Basketball has always been my favorite sport since I can remember and for once I finally got to be a part of my school's basketball team! I could remember like it was yesterday how hard it was to play in a basketball game with the horrific pains that I received. The first game I ever scored in I won't ever forget. That was the first day I ever had the pain's consistently throughout the entire day. I didn't go home from school because of the fact we had a home game. In the game, I sucked it up the best I could and kept trying to ignore it. One of the opponent team mates ended up knocking the ball out of my hand giving me two foul shots. I made them both. I could hear my family and the crowd cheer. I couldn't help but smile. I don't know how I did it still to this day but my very first shots made to give my team mates points in the basketball game was that day due to those two foul shots that I made while I held in the pain from causing me to mess up. Nothing better has ever happened to me and still to this day when my parents bring up my diagnosed Bell's palsy that year that stories the first that comes out of their mouths instantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment