Oct 31, 2011

The month of Halloween.

As Halloween time comes around, many people get excited to dress up and get candy. I truly never was a big fan of dressing up. However, once in a while, I dress up but rarely. It’s not that I’m getting too old to dress up, it just isn’t my thing. When I think of Halloween, candy isn’t the only thing that comes to mind. The number one thing that comes to mind is haunted houses. As soon as the month October begins I’m instantly setting up dates for every single haunted house. I always try to go to every one possible, the good ones at least. Fright Fest at Darien Lake, I never do. I went their once and I thought it was the worst thing ever. Therefore, I only focus on House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs, Fright World, and Final Fear. My favorite of all three is definitely House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs. One reason why I love doing the haunted houses is because it really gets your adrenaline going. It gives you the feeling as if you’re inside a horror movie. No matter which one I go to, I’m always the one leading. I haven’t ever been placed middle or last in line. When it comes to my siblings, they fight over who gets to be in the middle. The houses and their effects on the outside get to them just as much as the effects on the inside do. When it comes to me, I can easily be first and walk right in. I’m not going to lie; there are times that I do get scared. However, I don’t scream like my siblings, I jump. I’m the type that loves scary movies but get scared while watching them. Once it comes to haunted houses, I’m absolutely fine. I don’t let the mechanicals, the people, or the effects get to me as much as others do. To me, it’s nothing. I know that I’m paying to go in and be scared. It’s funny how the simplest things can scare you when you’re in the mind frame of terror and fear. To me, the haunted houses are the best part of October and Halloween all together!  One thing I know is that I never will get too old for the houses. That is something I have been looking forward to ever since sixth grade. I love Halloween because of how much everybody gets into it. It’s one day that you can dress up as whatever you want, get candy, get scared, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment