Nov 17, 2011

Music is life.

Music plays an important role in this society. Not only is music entertaining but it also helps cope. No matter what, you’re going to experience some hard times in life. Music is seen as an escape for people. Filled with many genres, there are always a few songs that can describe exactly how you feel. Many people have a specific type of music that they listen to. Others listen to everything and anything. I fall in between. I listen to all types of music except screamo. Oldies, rock-n-roll, pop, hip-hop, country, you name it. My personal favorite type of music to listen to would be country. The reason I listen to other genres too is because of family. I have specific family members that listen to other genres and in honesty; I truly don’t mind listening to it with them. Mostly every time you see me listening to music, chances are its country. Country has always been my favorite genre of music. This is because my family listens to it all the time, I grew up listening to it, and also Alden listens to it. Growing up listening to country caused it to instantly grow on me. Also, I have had a small type of farm. Alden is basically considered and known for listening to country. A lot of the boys and the girls in this district listen to country non-stop. Alden has a lot of hunters and farmers in this area. The land size here is decently big. All of this helps the effect of country music to grow onto anybody and everybody here. Alden is known as, "Small Town USA", to many! However, there are some people that don’t like country. The way I see it, everybody has their own taste and is guaranteed to enjoy what they like. Whether or not people like screamo, it doesn’t matter. Music is a way of fun and easement. It helps you in the good times and the bad. Lyrics are always more than just lyrics. They are meanings. Whatever music you listen to, helps make you, you. It helps keep you unique and individual. The saying, “Music is life”, is true. Music forever will be a part of society. It forever will be something everybody enjoys, no matter what mood there in. It keeps pushing them on. For me, country music is what pushes me on. Country music brings everybody together. The vibe and energy you get from it just gives you such a great positive feeling inside. Country always will be an important, big part of me. It's something I could never get sick of and frankly, Alden agrees.

1 comment:

  1. Rachele, I completely agree with what you said in this music article! Sometimes music lyrics can express what you can't if you're mad, sad, or excited! Good points (:

    ReplyDelete