Nov 15, 2011

Who doesn't love a good movie?!

Everybody loves movies! One thing my family loves to do is watch movies together. Whether it’s an old movie or a new one, I surely love a good laugh, scream, and sigh. My range of movies goes from romantic, comedy, and horror. I don’t have a specific favorite genre. I love all genres equally. It’s very difficult for me to be able to pick my top three favorite movies. However, if I must I would have to say, A Walk to Remember, Insidious, and Elf.
I would have to say that A Walk to Remember is one of my favorite movies because it is actually also, one of my favorite books. To me, it’s easy to relate to that movie because I have also had loved ones such as family and friends that have been diagnosed with Leukemia. I also love this movie because it shows a lot to viewers. It shows different school cliques, issues at home and in school, etc. It shows how cruel some people can be to others and how wrong it is. When they show the boy from the “cool bad” clique fall for the girl in the “quiet school smart” clique, it shows that anything is possible. It also shows that you don’t have to be tied down and set to that particular clique. Friends can be in a different type of clique. Being different is normal. It’s life. I feel like this movie really opens up to people to make them realize those little important things that people easily look past.
Insidious would have to be another favorite because it definitely was quite intense. Its genre, horror, definitely showed throughout the entire movie. It consisted of many parts that made you want to scream and jump. Action instantly starts throughout this movie and continues right through to the end. Although the action is twenty four – seven in this movie, it still doesn’t get old. I have watched this movie a total of two times, once with friends and another with family. Each time, it gets me and others I’m watching it with. I like horror because of the fact that it gets your adrenaline going. It keeps you on the edge of your seating wondering but not knowing whether or not you truly want to know more. Everybody loves a good horror once in a while, no matter what!
Last but not least, Elf. This movie is categorized as a comedy. I think everybody definitely loves comedy. Laughing is something everybody loves to do and they enjoy it! I could always go for a good comedy and Elf is definitely my favorite in that genre. This movie is a cute little movie that gets you laughing but also keeps up your spirit. It sends you back into the days when you were little and believed in Santa. It’s a cute little adventure of an Elf finding its real parents who aren’t elves. This movie keeps me laughing non-stop throughout the entire movie.
As you can see, everybody has their favorite genres and movies. Movies play a huge role in society and have a major impact as well. No matter what, movies will always be my favorite way to end any night!

No comments:

Post a Comment