Jan 5, 2012

Family will always be there, no matter what.

New Year’s just rolled around the corner and I know for most it was a great day. However, I wish I could say the same.  A lot happened on New Year’s that brought my entire family closer than ever and I wouldn’t regret any of it. Sadly New Year’s started off with getting news on midnight about a family friend that passed away from cancer. The news was unexpected but we all understood that things happen for a reason even if you don’t know or understand that reason. It’s just life. After getting some sleep from being up all night long to watch the ball drop, I woke up at about ten in the morning. Of course like a typical teenager the first thing I did was check my Facebook. Scrolling through my newsfeed, I realized that a family member’s status said that his brother was in the hospital. That entire family is like siblings to me because we practically helped raise them so I was nervous to death because that boy is like an older brother to me. After my dad spoke with the family, we came to find out that three sober boys at a party decided to jump him and left him in the ditch. Luckily the police found him and rushed him to the hospital where he was given the chance to recover. Finding out that was the hardest thing ever and put so much weight on my shoulder because I couldn’t understand why anybody would do that to someone. I just don’t understand the way people are these days. Two days ago he was able to come home from the hospital and is recovering very well. As for the other boys, they have to deal with police. On top of all of this a few relationships ended on New Year’s Day which was very hard and upsetting. However, I had my entire family their through everything. Yes, New Year’s Day is meant to be happy, although mine wasn’t, having my family by my side was enough to me. Even though this year started off extremely bad, it was good in a way. It brought together all of my family as one. We all had to be there for one another to support, help, and guide each other. I don’t regret anything that I found out that day because in the end, I know that all I truly need forever is my family. No matter who walks out in your life, no matter who backstabs you, no matter who ditches you, etc. your family will always be there, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment