Jan 18, 2012

J1. "Did I ever tell you you’re my hero?"

To me the definition of a hero is anybody who puts their selves out there in day to day situations that may be dangerous and may not be. Heroes hold many different character traits and do many different things. There someone considered extraordinary to you, someone you look up to. They could have a specific title or no title at all, such as a policeman or fireman. A hero can even be a parent. It doesn’t quite matter who they are, what matters is what they do. They do things for the help and benefit of others. They do it because it makes them feel proud. It’s anybody that has done something to help others and take actions no matter how dangerous they may be. I don’t have one hero, instead, I have two. Yes I do thank all those other heroes out there that do what they do for us, but I also owe a big thank you to my parents. My dad used to be a formal firefighter and watching the effort he puts in day and night to go help out people he didn’t even know was incredible. It made me proud of him knowing that he puts his life on the line for strangers. Now, my parents don’t do anything to the extreme, there just typical parents. My dad runs his own business and aside works with Twin City Ambulance, while my mom is an accountant. To me, it isn’t their working job that makes them my hero. It’s more of what they have done and will do for me. My parents always tell my siblings and I that they would put anything on the line for us. They always mention how they would die for us and do whatever they had to do. To me, that is a hero. Knowing you have two people that would do anything for you because you mean so much to them, is just breathtaking. I can’t even explain how much that means to me. I look up to them and I know that in the end, they always have my back. They have done all they could for me and they continue to do so to this day. Nothing is much more meaningful to me than that. Yes, a hero is someone who’s a firefighter, a police officer, a veteran, etc. However, there is more heroes out their too that aren’t quite noticed such as family members. I look up and give all my thanks to all those heroes out there. Most important, I thank my parents for being my heroes, for being someone to look up to through good times and bad. No matter how old I get, they will always be my heroes and I don’t know what I would do without all they have done. I couldn’t ever thank them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment