Jan 20, 2012

J2. Favorite elementary teacher!

Choosing my favorite school teacher from grades K-5 is a bit hard. It’s mostly hard because of the fact around that time you were quite young and you didn’t fully get to know your teacher much. Some people would choose a teacher that only taught a specific grade. Me, however, if I had to choose my favorite teacher, it would be the music teacher I had, Mrs. Olka. The reason Mrs. Olka was my favorite is because of her personality. I was lucky enough to have her every year until I went to the Middle school. She is one person I instantly think about when I think of the primary school. The reason being is due to how she came across. I can remember so much from my music classes such as the songs and activities. When I look back to this day, I can still laugh at how much fun they were. Something I love about her would be her bubbly personality. I have never seen her without a smile on her face. She’s always laughing and she is always so bright. Going to school every day becomes a drag but going to music class and seeing how happy she always was, seemed to brighten my day. I love that still to this day whenever I run into her, she still brightens my day. I believe that she is one person that definitely makes it clear that she loves her job. It’s easy to tell because of how she treats her students and how much she gets involved with them. Being a little kid in kindergarten, having music class definitely topped off my day because of how easy it was for little kids to get involved with it. I, myself was a very shy girl around that age and I feel like her music class really helped me get out of my shell. I actually miss all of those fun activities we used to do in music class back in the Primary School. That class really let you open up and show your outgoing side. It was one class where you could take a break from so much work and actually let loose. Every June my siblings, Gabby and Eddie, would walk with me to the primary just as their last days of school are approaching. We do this to go back and just visit teachers we have had in the past and truly haven’t seen in a while. Whether they remember us or not, it’s quite nice. Sadly, the past couple of times I’ve gone, I’ve missed Mrs. Olka. Someday soon I will catch her and be able to see her because it’s been such a long time, but truly; I thank her for all she did that helped me become more of myself when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment