Jan 3, 2012

New year. New resolution.

In all honesty, I usually don’t make a New Year’s resolution. I don’t think I ever truly have made one. I know many people do but it’s just something that’s never been on my mind. This year, again, I didn’t make a resolution. However, in the end I realized I actually did make a resolution without me even realizing it. Entering a new year, it’s all seen as a new start. A new year brings joy and happiness to many. Entering the year 2012, there was no happiness or joy for my family and I. Instead, we entered hardship. Instantly, right off the bat, bad things occurred. Many tears were shed and worries were spread. The hardship is still there but as of right now, it’s all beginning to die down. One thing I realized through this is that my family all truly came together. We were all there for each other, helping one another as much as possible. When I sit back and think about it all, I see that I do have a New Year’s resolution that was brought on by all of this. My New Year’s resolution this year would have to be based on family and myself. It would be to be there for my family no matter what and to make a stand for myself. Even though families fight, they are the best thing you will ever have. Being there for them should always be something instant. You may not fully realize it but once something bad happens, you see that your family is the one you can always rely on. Others may not be there, but they always will be. I also want to make a stand for myself this year. When I say this, I mean being able to say what I want. I don’t want to be holding back things anymore. I want to say what I feel or think without being nervous. My New Year’s resolution was brought on by a few tragic effects that my family and I were stuck facing. However, my resolution is much more worthy to me than anything else in this world. It has a big importance to me which is why it’ll follow through. So thank you 2012, for starting off bad but for driving me closer to being myself and always be there for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment