Feb 3, 2012

K3. The mysterious boat.

Living right next to the boat dock was always an advantage, especially to my grandfather. He always has been so fascinated with boats ever since he was a little boy. I never understood what fascinated him so much about them, but it fascinated me just listening and watching him talk about them. It was a late night and my grandfather and I went to lock up the docks. We always check to make sure all of the boats are in by their usual time, ten. Realizing all of them were in, we locked up and went home to watch a few movies. About an hour after, we heard a loud crashing sound from the water, followed by the ringing of a bell. Confused, my grandfather and I grabbed our shoes and a lantern as we ran out of the house to see what could possibly be going on. The fog on the water made it a bit hard to see but we made due. Right through the fog was a boat, a boat we haven’t ever seen before. Trying to get a better look, we kept waiting for it to finally stop. Then when it did, our first instinct was to see if anybody was on board. Looking closely, I saw the captain. He was an old man with grey hair and a black suit on. He smiled at us and waved in a friendly manner but I was too confused to move. My grandfather held me back as he attempted to get a better look see. Just then, it started back up and began to head straight into the fog where it slowly disappeared bit by bit. Running as fast as we could down the road, we looked around all over the place, looking for this boat. However, it was nowhere to be seen. Where did it go? Where could it have gone in general? There was nowhere. Shaking like crazy, I looked up towards my grandfather not being able to say a word. As we got back into the house our first thoughts were to try to pull up any information we could on this boat. After twenty minutes of researching, my grandfather found an article from 1985. The article was titled, “Boat and Captain missing – never found.”

No comments:

Post a Comment