Feb 15, 2012

L2. Afraid of what?

I have a couple things that I just so happen to be afraid of, they would be snakes, planes, and heights. Like most girls, I also am afraid of snakes. The reason being is simply because of the fact that I don’t like anything about them. I don’t like how they slither, how there slimy, nothing! I don’t like anything about them, to me there just gross. I don’t understand why people like snakes, nor would I ever understand. For some reason ever since I was little, I’ve always been afraid of snakes and I don’t think that’s going to change anytime soon. It’s just something about them that gets to me. Now when it comes to planes, my fear goes hand-in-hand with the fact that I've always been afraid of heights. I don’t like being high up because I don’t like that dropping feeling you get inside. Every time I get that feeling it makes me so nervous and so sick. It’s not that I get that feeling every once in a while, I always get it no matter what. I do go on rollercoasters but I have a very limited amount that I will go on. When it comes to heights, the free falling feeling and knowing I’m going to be falling without having control, really scares me. I like being high up and being able to look at everything surrounding me, but at the same time, it’s scary to me. I end up getting very nervous and very tense. To me, the worst type of heights would have to be on a plane. In my entire life, I have only been on a plane twice. The time I was on a plane was freshman year heading to Florida and back from Florida and let me tell you, that was the scariest thing I’ve ever experienced. I literally got tears in my eyes the first few minutes of take off. Once the tears went away, I still was nervous as I continuously gripped onto the seat. Nothing could distract me or take my mind off of the fact that I was so high up on a plane. I know most people would say that in order to be afraid of planes you would have to truly have a reason. I know I haven’t been on a plane as many times as others and I know I have no family or friends that have been involved in a plane crash either but it’s just something about planes that gets to me. The fact that I hear about plane crashes is part of the reason I am afraid. However, majority of the reason is knowing how high up I am and knowing how far down it is in case of an emergency. I know to some people my three fears may sound lame, but that’s what scares me. Everybody has their own things that they are afraid of, whether it’s a small or big fear; it’s still there until you overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment