Feb 13, 2012

L1. And the winners are...

So far every year for Super Bowl Sunday, my family gets together and makes a bet. Between the two teams my family chooses who they think will win. Based on whoever agrees with one another, that is your set team. In my family each person chooses their chosen dinner choice. The rules consist of the losing team preparing one person’s dinner one day; another’s another day, and so on. To make this legit, my sister always makes everybody sign a paper regarding the rules and the team they chose to support. Once it’s signed there is no going back or changing of your set team. This year it was my dad and my little brother rooting for the Patriots against my mom, my sister, and I who rooted for the Giants. This competition is a fun way for us to spend family time. Throughout the entire day, my family makes a bunch of dips such as taco dip, chicken wing dip, etc. We also make a bunch of finger foods as a way to kick off the big event! Of course as the day goes on both sides talk smack about winning and the others losing. Last year, my dad and brother won the competition so their confidence level was quite high as for us girls; our confidence level was pushed right next to worrying. Before the Super Bowl starts, we all helped prepare homemade buffalo chicken wing pizza to help top off the final meal! However, once the Super Bowl finally starts, were all in the living room watching. To always make it interesting, my dad and brother will make it a big rivalry where they sit on the opposite side of the living room away from us girls. They also make it a note to scream at any little thing there team does well. Watching this year was nerve-racking for my team because we didn’t want to lose again against the boys. The closer and closer the game came to an end; the more anxious we were all getting! As the Giants were declared the winners, you couldn’t hear a thing in my house over all of the cheering. Winning the bet meant that my dad and my brother would be preparing whatever meal my mom, sister, and I chose for dinner on whatever day we choose to have it. Every year when the Super Bowl comes around, it’s also an interesting day in my household. There’s never a time my family doesn’t have fun when it comes to this competitive bet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment