Mar 7, 2012

M3. Nothing more embarrassing than family.

The most embarrassing moment of my life took place back when I was a freshman, three years ago. Over February break my family and I decided to go on vacation to Florida. Our plans of course consisted of going to Epcot, Gator-land, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom. Now, I never thought that going on this vacation was going to be full of embarrassment, but I was wrong. It seemed to be that just a week there, my family managed to do the most embarrassing things while I was the only one to be “normal”. To start this off, the very first day being in Florida my family decided to go out to eat at Ponderosa. What I thought would be a nice dinner, quickly turned into a “eat and rush” situation all thanks to my sister. As most of you know, Ponderosa has a bunch of food bars you can choose from. My sister and I usually always go up together and that’s exactly what we did. As my sister decided to grab a buttered roll, it just so happen to be that the roll slipped off of the edge of her plate, landing on the floor. Now anyone would have simply picked up the roll, thrown it out and then get a new one but no. My sister decides to pick the roll up and place it back in the bin with the other buttered rolls. As she stood up and placed it back, a worker was standing behind the bar checking the amount of food left. With just the luck, the worker watched her place it back into the bin. All I could do was sprint with my food to the table and hope nobody will notice her with us. The second day being there we went to Magic Kingdom. As we were waiting at the front of the line for Monsters Inc., music was being played throughout the building. Out of nowhere my dad decides to start dancing obnoxiously while facing the door of the building. While in the middle of dancing he decides to do a slow “cool” spin around to face the rest of us on the right side of him. Spinning a little too fast while dancing, my dad ends up facing directly behind him where an elderly man was standing with a blank pathetic stare on his face. My dad immediately turned to face the doors again and stood completely still the rest of the wait. It was so humiliating that the rest of us tried to stand more off to the side to show he wasn't with us. Two days after we decided to go to the amusement park called Epcot. Epcot has sections split up with different names of places. I’m not sure which we were at, but my family decided to take a restroom stop. In order to get to the restrooms, you had to go underneath some bridge and a tunnel. My brother always has to be a goof and act beyond hyper at the most random times.  As we approached the tunnel, he noticed Chinese people, now it's not like we don’t know what they already look like, obviously. For some reason this sparked up his dorky mood even more, leaving him to be standing at the front of the tunnel, facing us screaming and pointing at the top of his lungs, “Chinese people!” Finally getting him to shut up, we found the restrooms. In the ladies room there was the entrance door with another door on the left that reads, ‘closet’ and three restroom doors on the right. I don’t know what my mom was thinking when we were getting ready to walk out of the bathroom but for some reason, she grabbed the door that said ‘closet’ and walked right into it to exit the bathroom. I couldn’t wait for the entire vacation to be over. I never felt more embarrassed in my entire life. However, looking back at it all now, I can’t help but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment