Mar 9, 2012

M4. Time for a change?

For this week’s choice blog, I decided to write about Kony 2012. Now I personally had no idea what this was about until two days ago when my Economics class watched about eight minutes of the overall video. From what the teacher explained and from what we watched, I was very interested in seeing the rest of the video. Once I got home that day, I watched the entire video which is about thirty minutes long. Let me tell you, those thirty minutes are definitely worth the watch. The video opened up my eyes to an issue I didn’t know anything about. It made me feel so upset about what has been going on and it made me want to do something to help. Not just me, but others in our school and others schools want to help which is great! Understanding what Kony 2012 was about made me so much more aware of why this was becoming such a big issue. Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr had a bunch of posts having to do with Kony 2012 which is really helping this issue come to light. Now that many have been aware of it, it’s allowing it to become big and make a change. However, there has been some negativity towards Kony 2012. Some are saying that the money isn’t going towards the children or organization. Also, some people are saying, “It has nothing to do with me so I don’t care.” Today in class my teacher discussed the issue of the money. She also informed us that the guy who made the film was on the Today Show where he spoke about it. He said the money was going towards the video, the building process, etc. and that I can understand. One thing I don’t understand is how some people could careless or not want to help because it doesn’t involve them. Everybody is absolutely allowed to their own opinion, I just don’t think some people truly look at the issue and try to understand it thoroughly. Also, the videos views have ranked up to a massive number! The issue is really being put out there and it’s helping make a significant change. Sure the billion posts can get annoying, but that large amount is helping the issue become known and will help this problem come to an end. I will put up with the continuation of posts having to do with Kony 2012 because I am all for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment