Mar 22, 2012

N3. The search begins..

When it comes to working, as of right now, I don’t have a job. However, I am in the search for one. The only problem is it’s quite hard to find one when many places require you to have experience. I already decided that I don’t want to work somewhere very common in Alden. My job doesn’t even have to be in Alden, but I prefer it be somewhere close so my paycheck isn’t only for gas. I don’t want to work with fast food either. I’m quite picky but the reason I don’t want these things as a job option is because I know I won’t enjoy it. I want to have a job I’d enjoy and not dread going to work. As of right now, I’m looking towards day care jobs. The reason I’m looking at these types of jobs is because it will help me in the long run with my future career choice. I already chose to go to college for Art Education with younger aged children, so having a job with children would help benefit me. Also, I already have a plus because for the past two years I’ve been a volunteer assistant teacher for St. John’s first grade religious education class on Saturday mornings. Already I have had some experience with children which will help a bit with finding a job with kids as of right now. The hardest part is that jobs look for working experience before accepting you to work for them. The fact I’ve never had a job, makes this harder because I only have volunteer experience instead of work experience. I know many may  think I’m beyond picky for not settling with any possible job, but I’d rather do something  I love and don’t mind going to do. I also am thinking more towards how my job could help me while I’m in college and with what I want to do after college. Although I’m still looking around at possible job choices, I know I will eventually find the right one that best fits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment