Apr 5, 2012

O2. College, here I come.

After reading the article on college education, I can honestly say that I’m more surprised. Some of these statistics I didn’t know. However, I did know that college education students go farther. It’s amazing how todays college grads earn 80% more than anyone who doesn’t go to high school. In the article it states that spending money will save money. This I agree with because people that do spend a lot in college end up with a higher lifetime return. The costly amount on education does pay off in the end.
My own plans after high school do consist of college. Although one of my parents went to college and the other didn’t, they still both are determined for my siblings and me to go.  I’m going to college because I know that many jobs these days do look for a college degree. They look for this because they then know you have been educated for a job in that particular field. I will be going to college for Art Education. I decided to go to Erie Community College, the south campus, for two years. After that I then will be attending Buff State for two years. I chose to start with a community college because it’s the smart way to go and it’s less costly. I decided to go for Art Education because art has always been my thing. I’m good at it and I enjoy it. Also, I’ve been doing art since I can remember because my dad is big in it. Another reason I chose to be an art teacher has to do with the fact that I volunteer on Saturday’s and work with younger kids. I started out dreading it but I’ve grown to love it and will be volunteering for almost three years now. This made me want to work with children because I like being around them. I’m very excited to pursue my plan and to have a successful future. I’m going to miss high school but I’m so ready for college!

No comments:

Post a Comment