May 21, 2012

R2. Write, write, write, write, write, write.

Hmm, what I love writing about, that’s a difficult thing to answer. There are a wide variety of things I enjoy writing about; however, I’d have to say all the different upcoming events that I look forward to or have had in the past are my favorite topic to write about. The reason it’s my favorite topic is because it’s something you can easily write. It’s something you can make vivid and put feeling into. If it’s a topic you don’t like or don’t know anything about then the writing doesn’t mean as much. Even if it means nothing to others it still means something to you. I enjoy writing about things from the past or future to come because I have control over it. I can make it mine. When you’re able to put experience, opinions, feelings, and much more into writing it makes it so much better. Some events I have written about were camping, graduation, dances, basketball games, medical and art jobs, etc. These were all easy for me because they mean something to me. I think everybody would agree with me. It’s just way too difficult to write about something you don’t know anything about or have a strong dislike towards. I’ve also experienced that when you do write about something you don’t have knowledge about or a liking to, the writing isn’t strong. It tends to bore readers and not capture their attention as much as something of the opposite would. Overall, in this class I have had to write about things I don’t know or don’t like, but in the end I prefer topics of my liking. I like being able to express my opinion and feelings in whatever it is that I write about. It makes me feel at control and it makes me feel like I actually did a good job on my writing. The more you put into it, the more you get out. If there isn’t anything for you to put in then you get nothing out of it and neither do other readers. To me, that’s why choice blogs weren’t too bad. It gave me a wide variety of things to choose from. It wasn’t as if you were forced to write about something you didn’t want to. It put you in control, that’s what I like about my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment