May 21, 2012

R1. The end approaches, goodbye Alden.

The best part of the end of the school year would be summer vacation, of course. However, being a senior it’s difficult to pick the best part as the school year approaches its end. The Bulldog’s very own, Emily Zuchowski, had a similar discussion with me this morning while we snacked at Tim Horton’s. We both agreed that all of the past years we looked forward to summer, however, we knew we’d be coming back. This year it’s different. We will be going on summer vacation but no longer returning to Alden High. I don’t really know if that’s the best part of the end of the school year or not. If anything I’d have to say summer is all I look forward to at the end of the year, but this year I look forward to a well spent summer. I want to spend as much time as I can with friends especially though. This is basically my last hooray before buckling down as an adult and starting college.
 Honestly, I don’t fully know what I look forward to. Part of me does look forward to summer vacation but part of me doesn’t. It’s the start of my new life, a start of something completely different than what I’m used to. It’s hard to fully pick what you look forward to and what is the best part of the end of the year because there are so many mix emotions right now. I do have to say that summer will be a blast. I’ll be able to lie out and tan, swim, have bonfires, go camping, work the fairgrounds, four-wheel, hang out with friends, go to family parties, graduation parties, have cook outs, and so much more. I know this is going to be a very busy summer so I’ll be able to fit in a lot of things before college starts up. Although my feelings are mixed right now, I think I’m ready and I’m definitely looking forward to the start of summer vacation.  
Majority of this summer also will be spent preparing for my future. I’ll be freaking out as college approaches closer and closer. In all honest, it’s depressing knowing I won’t be returning to this place. Reality has set in, I won’t be seeing these teachers, and I won’t be seeing a hand full of my fellow classmates. I do look forward to college just as much as I also fear it. Inside, I’m really going to miss Alden Central School. This place isn’t just a school, yes there have been times I just wanted to leave this district but in reality, this is my home. I’m going to miss it but I know I have bigger and better things ahead of me. Alden will always be a part of me, but it’s my time to move on from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment