May 9, 2012

Q5. "You're gonna want this back."

As many of the seniors will agree, this year has flown by quickly. It’s already May which means only twenty-three more days until exam week. Graduation is coming up fairly quickly which means us seniors are beginning to worry about many things such as schools, scholarships, awards, etc. It’s going to be a big change for us all but I know we can all face it. It honestly feels as if it were just yesterday that we started out as seniors. When people say senior year’s flies by and you will want it back, I finally understand now where they are coming from and just what they mean. This year has flown by and I can’t believe it’s basically over. Right now, I wish I could go back to the beginning of this year because I know that within a couple of days, high school will fully be over with. There won’t ever be a time to get those days back except relive those memories. I’m well prepared to get emotional the day of graduation. Not going to lie, I’m excited for college but there is a big part of me that is nervous. It scares me going to a new place from once being so used to another. Especially when you will know barely anybody there or your way around, change is good but it has its downfalls. Many people say they strongly dislike this school but in all honesty, I don’t. This school is what made me. It’s all I’ve known. I’ve been around these people and these teachers since I can remember. No doubt about it, this school made me who I am to this very day. Although this years gone by very fast, there has been times that I’ve felt it’s dragged on. Therefore, I’m looking forward to summer vacation. It just will be fairly different returning from vacation and not returning to Alden High. I know for sure that I’m more than ready to take on this change and big step to come. Alden will always be a part of me though and I think it’ll always be a part of others as well. To those that aren’t seniors just yet, trust me, senior year truly goes by before you know it. Make it the best year ever because you won’t ever be able to return to moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment