May 7, 2012

Q4. My icon, my grandma.

The person I would say is my icon isn’t famous or popularly known. The person I’d have to say is my icon would be my grandma, also known as Nana. The reason I admire her is because she’s strong. I don’t mean physically strong at the moment, but she is mentally, spiritually, and emotionally strong. She has been through so much that I admire the way she makes it on in life. Although she has a lot of difficulties that she faces everyday due to her medical condition, she still makes the best out of everything. She’s one of the only people I know that is so easy going. It doesn’t take a lot to make her smile or make her day, just the simplest things will do. This I admire her for because I feel like now a days, people “need” too much of something in order to make them “happy”. Unlike others, she doesn’t need anything to make her happy. She’s naturally happy with what she has and what she was blessed with in the past. To me, this makes her an iconic person because she teaches a good life lesson to me and the rest of the family. She shows us that life isn’t easy and it’s not meant to be, things get thrown at you that you don’t expect, but in the end it’s okay. Because of her, I’ve realized that love goes a long way and it can make anything better even if it’s something that can’t permanently be fixed or undone. She’s lost so much in her life but she’s still going on, not just for herself but for those people and for others still here to this day.  I personally don’t need someone who has muscles, a ton of fame, a lot of money, nor has their face displayed all over tabloids. My iconic person is a little old lady with a big heart, and I’m proud to say she is my Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment