May 3, 2012

Q3. "Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone."

The best book I’ve ever read for an English class would have to be Tuesday’s With Morrie. We just finished reading this book in class yesterday and ever since we started reading it, I was hooked. Right from the start I was intrigued by the story line of an old college student reconnecting with his old professor. It interested me because in order for them to reconnect something drastic would have had to take place. I enjoyed this book because of the different life lessons you can walk away from it with. It also really makes you think a lot about the people around you along with forgiveness, life, death, love and so much more. After they reunite again, they make it a daily habit for every Tuesday just like it was when Mitch took Morrie’s class. This book made me interested in reading the chapters to follow because of the fact each chapter consisted of one topic that Mitch wanted to discuss with Morrie. The things Morrie told Mitch opened up us as readers. This book really hits home for people that read it because of the inspiration it gives you. The topics were something you could relate to in some type of way. A few of the topics that hit home for me were family, forgiveness, and death. Family is super important to me and I would be nothing without them. It opened my eyes because although Morrie’s family experienced some difficult times, Morrie still made sure he raised his family the way he wish it would have been for him. Family is something that you can’t ever truly get rid of, they will always be there. Forgiveness also struck me because people do make mistakes. Some of the mistakes do cause you to hold a grudge and not forgive somebody but in the end, sometimes you should. Not everybody is perfect and grudges can weigh you down. You just don’t need that weight on your shoulders and neither does that other person. Death was important to me because you always wonder who will miss you when you’re gone. Therefore, you need to make something of yourself before that time comes. You want to have done all you possibly can along with saying things you can while you have the chance. This book was definitely my favorite because it fills you with a ton of knowledge that occurs every day. It also gets you thinking. When Morrie dies, it made me really think about those I’ve already lost. Especially those that I felt were similar to him in a way. This book overall made me want to spend much more quality time with those I love and care about whether it be friends or family. It made me want to do and say as much as I can to them because you don’t live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment