May 1, 2012

Q2. Summer, come soon!

What are my plans for the summer? Gosh, there are a lot. This summer is going to be one of the busiest for my family and I. The month of June only consists of graduation and a cousins wedding. Both events I look forward to because they are life changing. Once July hit’s my summer is cut short basically. The fourth of July is the first day we get busy. For that event, my family either goes to a relative’s house for some food and fireworks or we head to Allegany State Park for a day at the beach and a night ending with fireworks. A few days after the fourth of July, I will be heading for a week to Allegany State Park. There we go camping every single year with my dad’s best friend’s family. One thing I enjoy about camping is being able to get away. My parents allow us each to bring one friend which also is quite the entertainment. This is one of my favorite things about summer because we get to go fishing in the boat, hiking, swimming, tanning, bike riding, everything! As soon as we come home, we have only a week or so left until August begins. In that week we all become super stressed out. We have a total of four birthday parties back to back along with a lot of graduation parties including my own. Also, we have my sisters birthday party. Another reason why we get super stressed is because my dad has to get prepared for the Erie County Fair. My dad has had a booth there for his business for years upon years. My grandparents also used to own a restaurant at the fair where my sister and I waitressed at. In between the time the restaurant closed and us starting to work for my dad at the booth, my siblings and I would show some of our animals at the fair. Either way, my entire family is at the fair 24/7 from opening time to closing time for the entire two weeks it’s open. So if any of you come, look for us! This is definitely the most stressful, chaotic part of summer but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. This is another thing I definitely look forward to besides camping. By the time the fair is over, I literally have only a week and a few days until I start college. My summers are always full but I enjoy being busy all the time. It’s well worth it in the end and I strongly look forward to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment