Oct 17, 2011

Goodbye high school...Hello college.

High school is going to be coming to an end for me sooner then I think. This June 2012, I will be walking across stage graduating. I still can’t believe it. Some people haven’t figured out what they are doing after high school and then some people have. I fall under that category. Since last year I really started realizing my love for art and I didn’t want to just throw that away. After I thought thoroughly about it, I realized that I wanted to become an Art teacher. This idea came about due to constantly taking art and helping assistant teach on Saturdays for St. John’s first grade class. I started volunteering at St. John’s junior year because I needed community service in order to make my confirmation. Little did I know I was going to love it! I decided to still volunteer again this year, senior year. I struggled on deciding what I wanted to do until I put together my love for art and my love for assistant teaching. After high school ends I will be going to Erie Community College for two years. Once those two years are up, I will be transferring to Buff State. I wasn’t sure on what I should do class wise once I get to ECC so I called Buff State to find out what they would want me to have. Turns out that Buff State works with ECC and has a program that I can attend about twice a week over at Buff State. Therefore, once I get to Buff State, I will have had one class fully completed. Also, the person in charge of scheduling classes at Buff State said he will directly help me to set my schedule up with all of the classes I fully need to get a degree as an art teacher. It’s a good feeling knowing what you want to do and what you’re going for. It takes away a lot of confusion and stress for us seniors. Although I’m going to miss Alden high school, I know I’m going to truly love college!

No comments:

Post a Comment