Oct 19, 2011

Winters on its way!

The weather is eventually going to start cooling down and that only means winter is on its way! Waking up in the morning now, it is much darker outside. You can feel the change of weather in the coolness of the air every single day. Sooner or later, snow will start falling on the ground layer by layer. I personally, am not a fan of winter. I do love the change in seasons because I do think it’s very beautiful however, winter is just not for me. In the winter time, there isn’t much for me to do. The only fun thing going on for me is basketball season. However, it’s hard to practice basketball at home due to the snow on the ground and the ice. In the winter, many people snowmobile, sled, ski, ice skate, tube, etc. I however, can’t do any of those except tubing and sledding. Even though I go tubing and sledding, I’m not a major fan of it. I do go tubing and sledding in the winter with my family for the day but other than that I don’t go outside a lot. Instead, I like to hang out with family or friends indoors where it’s nice and warm. Cold weather hasn’t been something that I can enjoy. It makes it difficult for me to be able to stay outside long. Yes, you can wear a jacket, hat, snowsuit and gloves but once you touch the snow multiple of times, your material begins to get wet. Even your clothing underneath your snow suit and jacket can get wet. Once it’s wet, you’re going to be freezing and then you also have to be careful of getting frost bite. Also, you have to wear boots and change into other shoes once you’re indoors. It’s just more and more clothes that you need to add on just to stay warm and dry. It can be a handle at times and I like things pretty simple. Personally, I think summer time is a lot easier because you don’t need to worry about that stuff. You also don’t have to wear a lot of layering. One thing I absolutely do love about winter would be Christmas. It’s one of the few times my entire family and friends all come together for a large Christmas gathering! Being close with friends and family is important to me. I love knowing we can all get together at once and share that day together. Even if the snow is bad, it’s a good feeling knowing that nobody lets that stop them from making it to the gathering. It shows how important you all are to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment