Oct 27, 2011

My favorite holiday: Thanksgiving!

No matter how old I get, I will always be a sucker for Thanksgiving gatherings. My entire family is very family oriented. No matter what holiday it is, we always have a family gathering. Some people may have an issue with this because they aren’t very close to their family. With my family, it’s completely different. My entire family is extremely close. I never have a dull moment when I’m with them, nor do I ever get sick of family gatherings on holidays. I think the reason I enjoy it very much is because of the fact that I don’t get to see them very much. No matter whom it is, grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins, everybody is always busy. My family is extremely large on both sides so it isn’t constant that I see them. I usually see them once in a while. When it comes to holiday gatherings, it is extremely hard to choose a favorite but I would have to say hands down it would be Thanksgiving. Having to go to religion from first grade to eleventh grade, I have always heard a lot about the last supper. When I look at that compared to my family gatherings on Thanksgiving, it feels pretty similar. Thanksgiving I love for many reasons, one being the food. I love the wide variety of different foods that we get to eat. It’s one holiday that you can never go hungry on. Another reason I love it so much is because of the fact that I have my entire family surrounding me. Although we have our share of fights, it’s nice to be able to get together on special holidays. It’s a great way to spend time with them because you don’t know what could happen tomorrow, weeks or months from now. Also, you don’t know when the next time you’ll see them will be. To me, every holiday is special, especially because every holiday calls for a family gathering. However, there is just something about Thanksgiving that makes it so different to me. I would have to say it is the homemade foods. To me that is something special. Seeing all of my family baking all of the delicious foods is priceless. Also, I love the season that Thanksgiving is in. It’s usually a nice fall season, not too hot, not too cold. We always make it a day inside together filled with movies, laughter, games, and so much more. Hands down, my favorite holiday will always be Thanksgiving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment