Oct 13, 2011

You made a difference!

Someone who has impacted me in a positive way would be Mrs. Tryka, my seventh and eighth grade English teacher. Although many kids would think that a teacher impacting your life is “uncool”, I strongly disagree. First off, Mrs. Tryka’s family and my family know each other. Therefore it’s extremely easy for me to talk to her. I don’t see her as just a teacher, nor do I see other teachers now as just a teacher. Mrs. Tryka is completely different in school then she is outside of school. In school or not, I have always found it extremely easy to speak to her. I would have to describe Mrs. Tryka as loving, caring and outgoing. She always looks after others needs and tries her best to help them out as much as possible. She’s someone you can go to and trust. Kids may think teachers don’t understand what you’re dealing with or going through, when really they do. They were just like us, and that was just it. Every single time I went to her to talk, I found myself being able to tell her secrets, ask for her opinion or even for help. She has always been very generous, honest, and caring towards me and everybody around her. Nobody gets that being a teacher means you have rules to follow and you have to be strict at times. Just because they need to act and be a specific way at certain times, doesn’t make them a bad person. I look up to Mrs. Tryka and I always will. I feel safe with everything I need to say when I’m with her. She impacted my life because she made me see that it’s okay to go through things. She showed me that no matter what, life keeps going on and gets better. You’re meant to go through hard times and good times. That’s what life’s about. Mrs. Tryka taught me that it’s alright to open up and put trust into someone. She also taught me that I can do anything I possibly want as long as I go for it and give everything I have. Yes, some find it difficult to speak to an adult about things, however, I don’t. I like the fact I can come to her because she is an adult and understands more. She has been through more than my friends, and she can relate. Knowing I could go to her and that she was one of my teachers, made it a lot easier to get through some school days. If anything happened that could easily bring down my day, I was able to go to someone just to vent. I respect her for all of the time she gave up to talk to me and all of the patients she had to listen. I also dearly thank her for her help. While some people that you consider enemies or “friends” can bad talk you or even judge you, most teachers won’t. They actually try to understand and fully help. Her impact helped make me who I am. I know there are a few people that impact my life in many different ways, but I’m glad to know that she was one of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment