Dec 1, 2011

It's all about the journey.

 You never really realize how much is changing in your life until you finally decide to take a step back. Last week Monday I finally saw that my life truly was changing. It saddens me that I didn’t realize it until I finally was shown a major change. That change was, getting my first truck, ever. This meant that I would be not only driving myself to school, but also friends and siblings. Hearing my parents tell me that they bought me a vehicle didn’t faze me. It didn’t mean much then just an action and words. It didn’t make me realize a major change.  However, when we went to go pick the vehicle up, I realized it instantly. I couldn’t believe that I started shaking just paying for the vehicle and getting all the information needed. I honestly don’t know why I was shaking so badly but I don’t care. I’m glad that I was shaking because it was a major newsflash to me.  It made me open my eyes and realize that I finally am here, at the end of this huge journey of school. I could remember being one of the younger kids always seeing the older kids driving to school and getting so much freedom. Now, I am that older kid that younger kids are looking at. It amazes me how fast time flies by and how little people realize it. Everybody is so caught up in things and is moving right along with the change to where they don’t see the change personally. Stepping back from everything showed me so much! I never thought I’d ever say this, but I am proud of myself for how far I have come. I’m proud of what I’m doing and how I’m doing things. I guess that old saying is true, what really matters is the journey. It’s all about the journey, your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment