Dec 5, 2011

Win or lose, were a team.

Basketball season has started up and our first game is coming to its approach. Last Friday we had our very first scrimmage against Attica. Not only was I nervous, but the rest of the team was too. We had no idea what to expect from each other or the other team. We played a total of seven periods instead of the normal four. Starting of the first period, right off the bat we were at eleven with the other team at two. At the very end of the scrimmage as we were all packing up, we all agreed that we did very well! We didn’t expect to do that good but we were all proud of the amount of work and effort that we put in.  Although it wasn’t a game and it was just a scrimmage, we did an excellent job!
Today, Monday, is our tournament versus Hutch tech. The outcome of the tournament today will determine who we are playing for the tournament on Wednesday. I’m extremely nervous for the tournaments because they are much higher up than just a scrimmage or a game. However, I do have a lot of faith in my team. I think that no matter what happens, were a good strong team. Win or lose we have a lot of game and a lot of skills this year.
This upcoming Friday is considered our first actual game. We are away against Cleveland Hill. I’m pretty excited for our first game because that means it’s the start of the actual games. No matter what I find the games a lot of fun because it gives me the opportunity to show what I have. It also gives my team the opportunity to come together and show we are truly a team.  Win or lose, our team will be known!

No comments:

Post a Comment