Apr 23, 2012

P1. Invention of the television

Many watch hours upon hours of television, whereas for me, I prefer to only watch it at night. The reason I do this is because that way I’m active and busy throughout the day where at night I can simply relax. Also, it limits my time of watching television. In my home, we have a total of seven televisions. One in the living room, one in my room, one in my sisters room, one in my brothers room, one in my parents room, one in the kitchen, and one in our basement. I watch a wide variety of shows. It would honestly take me a while to type out the names of all the different shows that I watch. However, some shows I do tend to watch consists of Swamp People, PLL, Tough Love, The Voice, Ghost Hunters, Ridiculoussness, and Fantasy Factory. Not only do I watch shows but I also watch movies. There are many positives and negatives to having a television. Some positives would have to do with it being informative and entertaining. It keeps you informed with all of the things going on in the world. It also informs you of sales at specific stores and there locations. It keeps you up-to date in many ways. The television is very entertaining due to the different shows and movies you can easily access at times where you find yourself being bored. Some negatives that go hand-in-hand with watching television would be the amount of time some spend in front of the TV. I realize that many do nothing but watch TV, this causes laziness. The television tends to draw people in and they forget all about important things such as exercise, family, friends and school. Another thing it can cause is drowsiness which will lead to many losing their focus in school. Overall, I think TV’s have many advantages and I, just like others, love watching TV. However, it’s the amount of time spent watching TV which brings bad effects, causing the negatives of owning a television.

No comments:

Post a Comment